Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Barça! FCBarcelona: més que un club


SO. This past weekend I went to Paris, which was absolutely AMAZING. I don't have pictures to put up yet, so in the meantime I thought I would fill you all in on a couple of other things I have been doing around Barcelona!

As you can see from the picture above, I recently attended an FCBarcelona futbol match. We went to the game vs. Mallorca on Sunday, the 3rd. The metro was packed before the game with all of the Barça fans wearing the beloved jersey of Argentine footballer Messi. Entering the stadium, I had no idea exactly the scale of the field and the huge stands to accommodate the crowds, and I have to say I was pretty blown away. Routinely checking our tickets to try to find our seats, we found ourselves climbing and climbing and climbing our way to the very top of the stadium. We were definitely in the nosebleed seats - literally, there was not a single row of seats behind us! Although we might not have been able to see the names on the jerseys, our vertigo-inducing seats did lend to an incredible view of the surrounding city.


Although the game itself was fun to watch (it tied 1-1; not the most exciting match, but at least someone scored!), one of the most spectacular things about the whole experience was just seeing the stadium itself filled with SO many people. I loved being a part of the crowd and seeing how dedicated Barça fans really were - even during one of the less important matches.

The Lindsa(e)ys: New Barça fans with our scarves! (Please note the lack of seating behind us)
Until next time - when I share with you the Dalí museum in Figueres and the town of Girona that we visited Friday, the 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment